GED EXAM ELIGIBILITY
REQUIREMENTS FOR TAKING GED TESTS IN OREGON*:
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Must NOT be a high school graduate.
- Must NOT be currently enrolled in high school.
REQUIREMENTS FOR TAKING GED TESTS IF UNDER AGE 18*
- Must be a least 16 years old.
- AND you must be enrolled in an Oregon Option Program for In School Youth OR exempted from the school district where you live.
- If you are 16 years of age and married OR legally emancipated you may also qualify to take the GED tests.
REQUIREMENTS IF YOU ARE HOME SCHOOLED:
- You must be registered with an Educational Service District (ESD) that is in the Option Program for In School Youth OR
- You must have an Exemption from the school district where you live.
*Oregon Department of Education Links:
State information regarding the GED program at the
Oregon Department of Education